Hawkesbury River Saddle Co presents The Way Of The Horse (TWOTH), EQUITANA Melbourne's prestigious Australian Horsemanship Challenge which is a young horse “starting” contest that is unique in this country. During the challenge, three of Australia’s leading horse trainers demonstrate their highly personal and specialised methods of connecting with an unbroken horse.
In this electrifying horsemanship contest, the action begins right from the start. After choosing their young, unstarted horse from a selection trucked directly from the paddock to the venue, the three trainers work simultaneously in separate round pens, giving the public a unique opportunity to compare starting methods and training styles. Contestants are judged by a respected panel of Equestrians, who award individual points for techniques used to determine the winner.
TWOTH was initiated in 2005 by EQUITANA Australia, as a way to showcase a kinder and more caring way to start a young horse, so that it becomes a willing and happy riding partner. The trainers chosen for challenge have the same ethos.
Following Hawkesbury River Saddle Co's successful involvement with TWOTH in 2011 and 2012, EQUITANA are excited to have the Hawkesbury River Saddle Co as presenting partner for the 2016 challenge. The winner of this prestigious competition at EQUITANA 2016 will be presented with an Hawkesbury River Saddle Co Outlaw Master saddle.
PREVIOUS WINNERS & CONTESTANTS:
- 2014 Champion - Bruce O'Dell (Contestants: Bianca Gillanders, Kane Lamperd)
- 2012 Champion – Ken Faulkner (Contestants: Paul Clarkson, Naish Hogan)
- 2011 Champion - Greg Powell (Contestants: Dan Maloney, David Manchon)
- 2010 Champion - Adam Sutton (Contestants: Steve Halfpenny, Chad Brady)
- 2008 Champion - Dan James (Contestants: Warwick McLean, Shane Ransley)
- 2005 Champion - Guy McLean (Contestants: David Simons, Janette Wilson)
This prestigious competition is a real hit with overseas audiences and has received rave reviews from Horse and Country TV (UK) viewers. Horse fans in England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, Belgium, Germany, Holland and Malta loved the 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2014 TWOTH programs.