2022 EQUITANA MELBOURNE BUSINESS AWARDS
INNOVATION AWARDS ENTRY
- Open to exhibitors at EQUITANA Melbourne 2022 or open to any company sharing a site (sharing companies must be present with a valid registered company at the event to be included) at EQUITANA Melbourne 2022 with an exhibition display.
- A product may only be entered once, even if distributed by multiple companies.
- The exhibitor MUST have permission from the manufacturer to enter the awards on their behalf.
- This product must not have been on the Australian market prior to November 2018.
- The product must be fully developed and already on the Australian Market or ready to be launched at EQUITANA Melbourne 2022. The product must also meet Australian compliance laws and be fit for sale in Australia including warranties.
- The judge’s decision is final and cannot be contested.
INNOVATION AWARDS JUDGING PROCESS
- Entries Open 1st September 2022
- Entries Close 5pm 14th October 2022
- The awards are initially judged on a written / photographic submission to select the top 3 finalists in each category by the independent panel of 3 Judges.
- When an exhibitor enters multiple products of the same type the highest score will count.
- The judges reserve the right to move products into a more appropriate category.
- Finalists are announced 31st October 2022.
- Three Finalists from each category will be invited to present to our independent panel of three Judges during two sessions on Thursday 10th November 2022.
- These sessions will be filmed, and the public can watch. The winner and runner up will be notified by 2pm Saturday 12th November 2022 and will be invited to accept their awards that night at the Awards Presentation during the VIP Night.
- The judges and their panel will use their best judgement and knowledge within their selection as well as their final judging.
- Judges selection and judging decisions are final. Should a runner up have valid cause for concern regarding one of the following elements, they can contact SPC and EQUITANA:
> The winning product is not currently on the Australia market, nor being launched for market within the event dates.
> The winning product does not meet Australian compliance laws and is not fit for sale.
> The winning product does not have Australian warranties.
> The winning product was launched prior to November 2018.
> Proof of any of the above reasons must be presented for consideration to SPC and EQUITANA for review prior to COB Sunday 13th November 2022.
> Any review decision is final and cannot be contested.
> No other reason for review apart from those listed here will be considered.
FINALIST PRESENTATION SESSIONS
- Held Thursday 10th November 2022
- Each Finalist is given strictly 10 minutes to present their product to the panel of judges. A buzzer will sound at 9 minutes as a reminder and then a buzzer will sound again if finalists go over their allotted 10 minutes to end their session.
- This is your chance to really sell your product and its differences to the Judges.
- Be creative, props are welcome (must be portable and removable) (No live animals)
- After your 10 minutes is up the judges may ask further questions on the product.
- These sessions are not private, are available to be viewed by the public, and will be filmed / photos taken.
business awards trade stand display
- Finalists will be asked to display an example of their product at the EQUITANA Business Awards Stand Epsom Pavilion Stand #445 during the four days of trade from 9am Thursday 10th November 2022 until Sunday 3pm November 2022.
- This stand will be manned by Show Pony Creative during the Exhibition Trading Hours, and they will do their best to ensure your products security.
- Products can be taken back at the end of trade, and brought back the next day.
- Products provided for the stand are displayed at the Exhibitors own risk.
- EQUITANA Melbourne / Show Pony Creative will not be held liable for theft or damage to products displayed.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE EXHIBITION DISPLAY AWARD
- All EQUITANA Melbourne 2022 trade stand exhibitors are automatically entered into the Exhibition Display Award.
- Voting Opens Thursday 10th November 2022 and closes 12pm Saturday 11th November 2022.
- Voting takes place at the EQUITANA Business Awards Stand.
- The winner will be notified by 2pm Saturday 11th November 2022 and will be invited to accept their award at the Awards Presentation during the VIP Night Saturday 11th November 2022.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable.
- Show Pony Creative Voucher must be used within 1 year from the date of issue or the prize is forfeited. Voucher can be used on website design and development, graphic design, advertisement design or marketing. Non-utilisation of the prize will result in the forfeit of the prize.
- $1,000 value off the cost of a shell scheme site for EQUITANA Melbourne 2024 must be claimed and utilised for the 2024 event and cannot be used as a cash back.
- Selection of the site must be made within the 2024 sales period, and should all sites be sold prior to utilisation, the winner will forfeit the prize.
- Non-utilisation of the prize for the 2024 event will result in the forfeit of the prize.
- 2024 EQUITANA Melbourne tickets provided must be claimed prior to the Super Ticket Pre-Sale of the 2024 event.
- Tickets cannot be used for on-sale or cash back.
- Entries are handled and processed by Show Pony Creative (a contracted company of EQUITANA Melbourne)
- Your entry will be processed and provided to the Judges for judging.
- Your entry will not be shared with any third parties.
- By entering the awards, you give Show Pony Creative / EQUITANA Melbourne permission to use photos / information for future promotion of the Awards.
- You give EQUITANA and its Business Awards partners permission to contact you about future awards / promotions.